A Breathtaking half day Adventure Up The Storms River Gorge
Explore Where Few Others Have Been With Our Brand New Adventure Trip
“We want to go further!”, is what so many of our visitors say when they reach the Kayak and Lilo turn-around point. Until now it hasn’t been possible since the Kayaks and Lilos are too difficult to carry – but we have listened to you and have worked hard to develop a brand new half-day Adventure Trip that takes the more adventurous soul deep into the Storms River Gorge – way past the turn-around point of the Kayak and Lilo trip.
What To Expect On Half-Day Adventure Up The Storm River Gorge
On this adventure, you start with the Kayak and Lilo trip but where we normally turn around, we go much further.
We equip you with a uniquely designed Anvil boat that enables us to go deeper into the gorge to one of the most beautiful sections of the river.
The Anvils are easy to paddle over the long, bottomless pools while you take in the remarkable scenery, deep caves and ancient indigenous forests with nothing but the quiet noises of nature around you.
1. FOREST HIKE TO THE SUSPENSION BRIDGE
Walk to the Storms River Gorge for 20min through beautiful forest and over the famous Suspension Bridge that crosses the ocean.
2. EXPLORE THE STORMS RIVER GORGE
Kayak up the Storms River Gorge under the Suspension Bridge into the narrow Storms River Gorge.
Switch over to our unique lilo’s and relax while you float deeper into the gorge and marvel at the beautiful scenery around you.
Switch over from our lilo’s to our Anvil boats, equipped with fins you are able to paddle deeper into the gorge to one of the most beautiful sections of the famous Storms River Gorge.
3. JUMP FROM THE CLIFFS
On the trip back, we add a healthy dose of adrenaline where you will be given the exhilarating opportunity to leap off the overhanging cliff walls of the gorge into deep pools. This offers not only a good test of your bravery but also some good occasions for laughter (or nervous giggling), friendly encouragement (or daring) and one-of-a-kind photo opportunities (because you will need to brag to your buddies at home!). Although cliff jumping is not compulsory – you can simply enjoy the spectacle as you leisurely float on the long pools below – we do recommend not missing out on the thrill!
Cost and Inclusions
|Half-day Anvil Adventure||R950|
|Age Limit:||Min. 8 years old|
|Fitness Level:||Relative Fitness Required|
|Inclusions:||Wetsuit, booties, Anvil, drybag, fins and drinks.|
|Exclusions:||Park fees and entry into the Tsitsikamma National Park|
Important to note
- Please bring warm clothes and enclosed shoes that can get wet or be prepared to hire booties (water shoes) and wetsuits, available in all sizes, at the shop.
- As we are located inside the National Park, you will have to show your WILD card or pay the National Park’s conservation fee upon entering at the gate.
- Please allow for at least one hour’s wait at the Tsitsikamma National Park entrance gate during peak season as the processing time for entry into the park can be slow during summertime.
- If you are requiring times or group sizes other than those shown on our website, we will as always try our best to accommodate you – please contact our shop on +27 (0)73 1300 689 / +27 (0)76 959 2817 during business hours.